The following email has been received from Sport Ireland.
Dear Sport Ireland Stakeholder,
As you will be aware, yesterday December 30th the Government announced a revised Level 5.
During this period people are asked to stay at home, except to travel for work, education or other essential purposes.
The below should be noted in relation to sport & exercise. Full details on those measures can be viewed here:
1. Sporting facilities (Indoors & Outdoors), gyms, leisure centres and swimming pools must close.
2. Activity is restricted to individual training/personal exercise within 5 km of home.
3. Individuals may meet with one other household in outdoor settings when taking personal exercise.
4. Exemptions to Training & Matches apply to certain professional, elite sports, horse-racing, greyhound racing and approved equestrian events. Such events should take place behind closed doors.
5. No other matches or events are to take place.
Sport Ireland will continue to provide updates to the Sector as and when they arise.
Shane Califf – Director Of Governing Bodies