BLI / LBLI Blog
The following email has been received from Sport Ireland
From: Shane Califf
Date: Wed 6 Oct 2021, 13:05
Subject: Additional Investment Package 2021
To: NGB <NGB@sportireland.ie>
Dear NGB/ Funded Body
Sport Ireland now invites recognised Governing Bodies of Sport & other Funded Bodies to apply for support under the Government’s COVID 19 investment programme for sport.
The COVID Fund is divided into Five key schemes:
- A Field Sport Fund to support the FAI, the GAA and the IRFU
- A Resilience Fund to support the National Governing Bodies of Sport and other Sport Ireland Funded Bodies
- A Sports Club Resilience Fund
- A Swimming Pool & Facilities Fund
- A Fund to support the Resumption of Sport & Physical Activity
In addition to the COVID 19 Investment Scheme, Sport Ireland has been invited to put forward proposals for suitable sports capital and equipment projects on behalf of the Sector. These capital expenditure proposals should aim at increasing physical activity and sports participation with a particular emphasis on disadvantaged areas and underrepresented communities. A specific capital strand to support the delivery of the Sport Ireland High Performance Strategy will also be included in this package.
Click on the following links to view these documents:
All Organisations applying for funding should return the Consolidated Application Forms along with a signed Declaration & Checklist.
- The closing date for applications for the COVID 19 Scheme is Tuesday October 26that 5pm
- Late applications cannot be accepted.
- Sport Ireland will make an initial assessment on the level of requests under each of the COVID schemes.
- Final decisions will need to take into account the level of demand across the schemes.
- Depending on the level of submissions, the outcome of those deliberations will be communicated to sports organisations in mid December.
- NGBs will need to begin to put in place parallel timelines to facilitate the delivery of any potential Club Scheme following final allocation of Sport Ireland Funding.
- In relation to the Capital Scheme, following a review of the applications Sport Ireland will submit suitable projects to the Sports Capital Unit for final assessment and decision.
- NGBs planning to apply for the Capital Scheme should indicate this to Sport Ireland as soon as possible and submit proposals in advance of October 26th.
Queries & Submissions:
- The NGB & High Performance Units will be available to meet with Funded Bodies at any stage throughout the process.
- All Applications should be submitted to the NGB Unit by the deadline
TUESDAY 5pm October 26th 2021 NGB@sportireland.ie
- Early submissions welcome.
In the meantime if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Shane Califf – Director of Governing Bodies
The following photographs are courtesy of Nuala Fitzpatrick
The LBLI and BLI offer their sympathies to the family of Isobel Palmer, IWBA Treasurer who died this morning. Isobel had been ill for a while but her death was unexpected.
An all-round solid performance by the BLI this weekend, super stuff from Richard Leonard @Shane Leonard Nick Smyth Andy OKeeffe and Stephen Millane
Congratulations to Shay Tyrell and his team for a job well done.
Guide to this website
If you are having problems finding your way around this website hopefully the guide below will help you find what you are looking for.
IRISH LAWN BOWLS
Welcome to the official site of the Bowling League of Ireland and the Ladies Bowling League of Ireland.
Irish Lawn Bowls is the combination of the Bowling League of Ireland (BLI) and the Ladies Bowling League of Ireland (LBLI), the governing body for Lawn Bowls in the Republic of Ireland. The game is fast growing with clubs now in the following counties: Cork, Dublin, Kildare, Limerick, Meath, Offaly, Sligo, Waterford, and Wicklow. There are however many other counties where clubs are in the process of being formed.
Lawn bowls is a sport for all ages with competitors aged from under 10 to almost 100 currently playing in BLI/LBLI affiliated clubs.
If you are new to the sport of bowls and want to find out how to play the game have a look at the following link which will help you find out how to play.
Map of Bowling Clubs within the BLI / LBLI
Click on the “view larger map” button at the top right of picture for more details. Note the details are what the individual club has put on Google and may not always be a 100% correct.
A full list of BLI Member clubs together with their website details can be found at
For club addresses and Secretary Details see