From: NGB <NGB@sportireland.ie>
Date: 19 June 2020 at 17:02:12 IST
Subject: FYI: LSP National BeActive Day- 28th June
National BeActive Day is a Local Sports Partnership led initiative which was developed by the Community Sports Development Officer network.
Some of you may have already heard or seen about this day on our social media feeds. We are now asking NGB’s to support the Local Sports Partnerships National Be Active day.
On the 28th June 2020, National BeActive Day, we will encourage people to meet their daily requirement of physical activity by taking part in a number of sport and physical activity games.
Some NGB’s have already got involved in supporting the LSP network and promoting BeActive Day, such as Athletics Ireland who are opening registration for the Irish Runner 5 Mile on the same day. This is a great opportunity for NGB’s to get involved in a national Local Sports Partnership campaign as the return to sport begins to take shape.
NGB’s may want to:
– Promote the Local Sports Partnerships National BeActive Day on social media, or in their newsletters.
– Align particular events they are running to National BeActive Day and use the social media and traditional media momentum to boost awareness of their events.
There are a number of resources being promoted by the LSP network to help promote the day (see attached).
– Be Active Day Booklet – Includes simple fun and accessible games and further information about the day. This is a four page booklet which can be uploaded on your website or printed locally.
– Posters – These can be used for social media and other promotion about the day.
– Certificates – These can downloaded by those who participate in the day.
If you have any questions, please let me know,
A copy of the booklet can be accessed at